Every person and every cancer experience is different. Our oncology social workers help connect patients and their families with the essential resources that are best for them.
Our experienced and compassionate team can lend a hand with:
- financial concerns/assistance
- community resources
- local support groups
- emotional support
- caregiver concerns/support
- Social Security disability
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- children’s needs
- transportation assistance
- mental health concerns
- palliative care needs/concerns
- advance care planning facilitation
- advance directive creation
- disease-specific resources/support
- nursing home and VNS referrals
- hospice information/referrals
- wish organization referrals
- wig and prosthetic resources
- senior services
Oncology social work services are available to patients and families throughout all phases of the cancer continuum.
Almost all the families we work with will spend some time with a social worker at some point in their treatment. All information shared with a social worker is private and confidential.
To schedule an appointment, please call (616) 954-9800.