Many patients have questions before their first visit. We will provide the answers you need so that your stay is as comfortable as possible.
Planning your visit
Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call and let us know. We may need to reschedule if you arrive late.
If you usually require assistance with daily living activities, please bring someone who can help you during your visit.
When you arrive
When you arrive, please sign in at the front desk. Please bring:
- your insurance information
- referral from your primary care provider if your insurance company requires it
- a photo ID
- a list of your current medications
After you are checked in, a medical assistant will take you to see your physician. If lab tests are necessary, a lab technician will walk you to the lab.
What to bring
If you are coming for chemotherapy treatment, we recommend the following:
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes that can be layered. We have heated blankets available.
- Bring something to eat and drink. Snacks are a good idea. We have a kitchen with a microwave and a small refrigerator so you can warm up a meal. Coffee, tea, and hot chocolate are available free of charge. Also, we have vending machines with snacks, cold drinks, and juice.
- Bring something to do. To help pass the time, bring a book, or a device. If you’re planning to watch a movie or listen to music, please bring headphones so as not to disrupt others.
Because this can be an overwhelming time, we encourage a friend, or family member come along for support. Please understand:
- space is limited
- all visitors must be good health
- visitors should be quiet and respectful of others
- attend to children at all times
If a friend or family member is unable to lend support, we have volunteers available to help. Please see Support Groups for more information on what is available to you during treatment.