Cancer and Hematology Centers of Western Michigan (CHCWM) and Rheumatology Centers of Western Michigan (RCWM) are now offering our patients an additional blood drawing option during this challenging time of social distancing. In order to protect you from exposure to COVID-19 while maintaining our ability to monitor your treatment and/or survivorship plan, we are now offering a drive-up lab draw station. This draw station is located at our CHC East location at 5800 Foremost Dr., SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. The draw station will be located on the west side of the building at the START-Midwest entrance. The hours for our drive-up blood draw service at this location will be Monday through Friday from 8 am until 12:00 pm.
To take advantage of this service please do the following:
- To expedite your visit at the drive-up draw station, please call ahead to let the lab staff know you are coming and the approximate time of your arrival. Please call 616-389-1740.
- Please follow the signs, and stop at the check-in spot.
- Please have your coat off to allow easy access to your arm.
- Please sit on the appropriate side of your car so you can extend your “best” arm for your blood draw.
- We will have blood draw orders of CHCWM and RCWM patients, but if you have an order from an additional provider, please present the order at the time of check-in.