During your treatment, there may be times when you need care right away. You may notice a spike in your temperature, need more medication or experience an unexpected side effect.
For these types of concerns, call us 24-Hours a Day at (800) 411-7999 to speak with a member of our oncology care team. They will assist you in determining if you need to come in for same day care. This may be at the Cancer & Hematology center that is closest to you, or you may be referred to our Same Day Clinic located in our Lemmen-Holton facility.
Our Same Day Clinic provides several advantages:
- You meet with a care team that knows your treatment plan and medical history.
- You will be seen more quickly compared to most emergency departments.
- You avoid the expense of an emergency department or hospital visit.
- You are receiving specialized therapies for your cancer or hematology with which emergency departments may not be familiar.
- You are less exposed to infections or illness, compared to emergency rooms – an important factor when your immune system may be compromised.
Our Same Day Clinic is open from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday.